You can skyrocket your success as a result of attending workshops and seminars. So be prepared:
1) Make a list of 3 speakers you want to meet – Why? Have specific questions in advance.
2) Attend with someone who is just as interested in learning as you are.
3) Craft your Elevator Speech (1) Who you are (2) What you do (3) Why are you here?
4) Have 50 sharp business cards – with your elevator speech printed on the back.
5) Get to the meetings early and talk to other attendees. (Don’t try to talk to speakers 5 minutes before their presentations.
6) Take 12 pre-stamped postcards to use as Thank Yous to people you meet. It will leave a major impression if they get a card from you by the time they get home.
7) Create a list of notes and questions as you listen.
8) Make at least two introductions per day between attendees you’ve just met. Remember, never eat alone. Look for opportunities to get to know people during meal times.
9) Identify 5 new people you want to stay in touch with.
10) Thank the speakers for sharing valuable insights.
After the conference:
Choose and prioritize 15 specific worthwhile ideas you got from the event.
Carve out 4 hours in the first week to assimilate and implement the information
(from Dan Miller @ http://www.48days.com/2014/03/